The Poia castle
the Holy Trinity church
The Holy Trinity church, built at the end of the XVI century, is a fulgid example of devotional art in the northern Val Camonica: paintings and frescoes are mixed with fine wooden craftmanship tipical of the alpine area, for a sublime ensemble. Of particular value are the main altar and the organ - dating back to the XVIII century. The roof, burned during the Austro-Hungarian shelling of Ponte di Legno in 1917, has been restored during the 1970s.
Dead’s Chapel of Zoanno
Sacred art: Ettore Calvelli
Walking through the hamlet of Poia you may see some bronze medallions fixed to the church’s doors: are some of the works created by Ettore Calvelli for his adoptive community.
Bronze sculptor of international renown, he collaborated with FAO and ONU and his works are exhibited at the Vatican Museums and in various city in Italy; he directed for a long time the local parochial museum of sacred art, where are visible some of his brozes.